- What Information We Collect
When you communicate with XpertsNow (“XN”) through the Site, we collect information about your communications and any information you provide or load onto the Site. These communications may include feedback you provide to us or requests for assistance. Information shared with us via the Site may include but are not limited to; first name, last name, email address, company name, and job title.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you from other sources such as partners, researchers or marketers. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you from such sources and use it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Device and Connection Information: When you visit the Site, XN’s servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser software version, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We may correlate this information with other information we have about you.
Information We Collect
We may collect and use certain Personal Information in order to offer, maintain, provide, improve, personalize and administer our products and services (collectively, “Services”). Instances in which we collect and use certain Personal Information from our Website and Application include the following:
- When you create an account with us, we collect Personal Information from such account. This Personal Information may include but is not limited to information such as your name, address(es) (primary and secondary), phone number(s), username and password, email address(es), date of birth, location data, gender, additional contact information, payment and billing information, career and professional experience information (e.g., skills, education, work history), communication preferences, and other profile information.
- When you communicate with us, engage with our content, or sign up for additional services.We collect Personal Information and other information you may submit, when you communicate with us; sign up, download white papers, publications, news, videos, webinars or other promotional materials. We may also collect Personal Information when you engage with content on our Site, such as when you view a webinar, browse a page, post Xpert Requests, respond to requests, or communicate via our platforms.
- When you engage with our online communities and forums.We may collect Personal Information when you engage with our online communities and forums or blogs. Please note that online forums may be publicly accessible and other users may view information you post in the forums. We recommend that you exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose on the areas of the Site or Application that are accessible to the general public.
- Country Data.We may collect approximate or, with your consent, precise location data through our Application or when you access our Site or Services from a mobile device as part of the functionality of our Services, such as to provide more relevant search results. We do not collect precise location data unless you have consented to its collection.
- When you participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or rewards or other programs.We may request or otherwise collect Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and other contact information, when you enroll or participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or rewards or other programs. Participation in these programs is voluntary.
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources.We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve the Services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine your Personal Information with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the Services.
- When we leverage and/or collect cookies, device IDs, location data, data from the environment, and other tracking technologies.We may collect certain Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information using cookies and other technologies, such as web beacons, device IDs, geolocation, HTML5 local storage, Flash cookies, and IP addresses. We specifically use browser cookies for different purposes, including cookies that are strictly necessary for functionality and cookies that are used for personalization, performance/analytics, and advertising. Our “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section contains more information and options to control or opt-out of certain data collection or uses.
- Third party data collection. We may allow ad networks to collect certain, non-personally identifiable, information when you visit our website. Third-party companies may use non-personally identifiable information gathered during your visit to this web site in order to provide advertisements about products likely to be of greater interest to you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A “cookie” is a small text file that a web server stores in browser software. A browser sends cookies to a server when the browser makes a connection to the server (for example, when requesting a web page from the same domain that created the cookie). The purpose of cookies is to remember the browser over time and distinguish one browser instance (or user) from all others. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to track Personal Information previously entered by a web user on our Site. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them, and how to remove them. Cookies can remember login information, preferences, and similar information.
Cookies, as well as other tracking technologies such as HTML5 local storage, and Local Shared Objects (such as “Flash” cookies), and similar mechanisms, may record information such as a unique identifier, information you enter in a form, IP address, and other categories of data.
We also use web beacons or “pixels,” and in certain circumstances may collect IP address, screen resolution and browser software and operating system types, clickstream patterns, dates and times that our site is accessed, and other categories of data.
If you want to block the use and saving of cookies from the Site on to the computer’s hard drive, you should take the necessary steps within your web browser’s settings to block all cookies from the Site and its external serving vendors. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, certain parts of our Site may not function correctly. For information on how to disable cookies, refer to your browser’s documentation.
Third-party companies may use non-cookie technologies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity including your activities on this website. These technologies may be used directly on this website. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these non-cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. Though non-personally identifiable information does not personally identify anyone, we are still committed to giving users the opportunity to exercise choice about the data we collect.
Additional Information Related to Mobile Devices
If you use our Application or access the Site from a mobile device, we may collect additional information, such as device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information, IP address, carrier-related information, including the name of your wireless carrier, and IDs related to the cell phone hardware in your phone as well as the network to which the device is connected, mobile phone number, application-specific and instance-specific identifiers, and location information, as further described in this Policy.
The opt-outs for interest-based advertising require that strictly necessary cookies are not blocked by the settings in your web browser. We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., the Canadian Digital Advertising Alliance in Canada, and the European Digital Advertising Alliance in the EU. If you live in the United States, Canada, or the European Union, you can visit Ad Choices (US), Your Ad Choices (Canada), or Your Online Choices (EU) to find a convenient place to opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities for each region. These websites also provide detailed information about how interest-based advertising works. Opting out does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising from us, or when you use the Internet. It just means that the data collected from our website will not be used for interest-based advertising and that the advertising you see displayed on websites will not be customized to your interests.
De-Identified or Anonymized Data
- How We Use Information We Collect
Information Use and Disclosure
We use the Personal Information we collect in order to offer, maintain, provide, improve, and administer the Site, the Application and the Services. These uses include the following:
- To communicate with you regarding the Services, including to provide you important notices, to provide reminders and notifications, and to address and respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints;
- To administer your account, including to verify your identity and to authenticate and authorize access to our Services;
- To provide Personal Information to our service providers related to the provision of the Services;
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter or look for it the next time you visit our Website or Application;
- For marketing purposes, including to contact you about offers, products, promotions, subscriptions, developments or services which we think may be of interest to you, and for third parties’ marketing purposes in connection with our Services;
- To develop, provide, and improve our Site, Application, and other Services, including to better tailor the features, performance, personalization and support of our Services, and for statistical and analytics purposes;
- To solicit information from you via surveys and to conduct research in connection with our Services;
- To diagnose or fix problems you are having with the Website or Application;
- To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
- To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
- Service Providers and Vendors.We may disclose Personal Information to distributors, service providers, payment processors, and vendors in order to maintain the Site and Application and provide, improve, and personalize the products and Services, including to fulfill a request for services, to process payments, and to administer our Services. We may also share Personal Information for other technical and processing functions, such as sending e-mails on our behalf, fulfilling orders, technical support, or otherwise operating the Site or Application, for analytics.
- Business Partners.We may disclose Personal Information to business partners with whom we have partnered to provide specific Services.
- Legal Process.We may disclose Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or as otherwise pursuant to legal process.
Additionally, we may use your information:
To provide and improve the Site and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide and improve the Site, respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer support.
To market, promote and drive engagement with XN: We may use the information collected from you via our Site and from third parties to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about XN or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms (such as Google, facebook and LinkedIn). These communications are aimed at driving engagement and informing you of new product features and offerings or events we think may be of interest to you.
To fulfill legal and regulatory requirements:
Where we have a legal obligation or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights or interests or the interests of others, we may use information about you in connection with legal claims or compliance, regulatory, and audit functions.
We may also use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK“), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will normally be to communicate with you as necessary to offer our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will disclose such interests at the relevant time.
- How We Secure Information
We take appropriate technical, commercially reasonable, industry standard practices and organizational measures to protect your personal information from and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, and access. We however can provide no assurance that your information won’t be stolen or hacked.
- How We Share Information We Collect
With service providers: XN may use a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Site. XN may employ third-party companies and individuals to perform aspects of the Site on our behalf, specifically with respect to system infrastructure, data storage, customer database management, email marketing, marketing analytics and online chat. These providers have access or limited access to your information, and are contractually bound to protect and to use it only for the purposes for which it was disclosed, consistent with this Privacy Notice.
In compliance with law, responding to legal requests, preventing harm and protection of our rights: XN may disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against XN, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our terms and conditions, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of XN, its employees, directors, stakeholders, investors, users, or members of the public.
With your consent: Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
Corporate reorganizations: Where we are negotiating with a potential investor, partner, or buyer “buyer” in connection with any proposed merger or sale of any part of our business, we may provide your personal information to the proposed party (and its agents and advisers) provided that we inform the buyer that it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice. We may also disclose the information on the conclusion of such a merger or sale.
- Your Rights to Your Personal Information
If you are a located in the EEA or the UK, XN shall serve as the data controller for your personal information and you have the following rights:
Accessing, updating and correcting your information: You have the right to ask XN to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you. You may also contact XN to receive a copy of your personal information controlled by XN.
Deleting your information: If you no longer want us to process your personal information, you may request that we delete your personal information, however we maintain the right to keep a copy of your information on our back-up archives for a commercially reasonable period of time.
Objecting to processing/requesting that we stop using your information: If you object to our processing of your personal information, or wish to request a restriction on processing, please contact us.
Withdrawing your consent: If we process your personal information with your consent, then you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to such withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Moving your information: If you wish to exercise your right to data portability, please email us and we will fulfill your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Opting out of communications: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may opt-out by emailing us or by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of XN emails.
Sending “Do Not Track” signals: Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Site does not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control such data collection and use.
- Data Retention
We retain personal information about you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we may securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible, however we maintain the right to store a copy of your information on our back-up archives for a commercially reasonable period of time.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your XN account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
- How We Transfer Information Internationally
We collect information globally via the Site and store that information in the United States.
When we receive or share information of individuals in the EEA, UK or Switzerland, we put in place appropriate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved standard contractual data protection clauses or by transferring the data to countries which have been approved by the European Commission as having adequate data protection laws.
- Other Important Privacy Information
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance by clicking our “Contact Us/Feedback” link and we will work to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the country in which you live or work.
Links to other sites: The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those websites or services, nor are we responsible for the information or content they contain.
Children: The Site is not directed to persons under 18 and XN does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian who becomes aware that your child has provided XN with personal information without your consent, please contact us. If XN becomes aware that a child under 18 has provided XN with personal information, XN will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: XN reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. We will notify you of material changes to this Privacy Notice via a notice on the Site or by sending you an email to the address you have registered with us. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately upon posting of the updated Privacy Notice. You should periodically check this page for updates. Your use of the Site after such time will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request by clicking the Contact Us/Feedback’ link on our site. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
Contact Us: If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by clicking the ’Contact Us/Feedback’ link on our site.